01 02 03 Coffee Before Crayons: Cabinets and Bad Dreams 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Cabinets and Bad Dreams

34
The cabinets have been ordered! We went with Kraftmaid Marquette in Canvas. They are beautiful and I can’t wait to see them all installed.

 The downstairs “Jack and Jill” bathroom is now 2 separate full baths and I couldn’t be happier about that! Hubs and I will be moving downstairs to what used to be the guest room so the new bathroom with the big shower will be our master bath; it’ll be much smaller than we are used to but it will be very nice to have such a large shower.
This past weekend AG and I spent an inordinate amount of time at the Lowes with our new friends and ordered the new bathroom vanities, tub, shower, faucets, and shower fixtures. We also bought our new kitchen faucet and it is safely in the garage cabinets (formerly the kitchen cabinets – they look much better in the garage!)
Something you should know about me… I am very frugal and I am really very good at saving money and finding great deals. Just this last week, I saved over $400 because I found our new sectional on Craigslist; it even still has the tags on it! It is super comfy and reminds us of our family in Atlanta’s sofa which we have always loved. It will be perfect and will also seat enough people that we don’t have to rush into buying a recliner and can save up for the perfect one, or maybe the perfect pair because that would better suit my preferred layout.
Meanwhile, back at the camper… AG has rediscovered her paci, but she doesn’t use it in the traditional way. She likes to chew on it and it keeps her awake which is lovely. Two nights ago she woke up at 5am and I hadn’t even realized she was out of bed until I heard her in the living area asking for “sauce” (applesauce pouches). I sat up and stumbled in there and saw her wandering around the small space saying “momma, saaauuucce” in her sweet and sleepy voice. I gently reminded her that she had eaten the last of the “sauce” yesterday but how about we just go back to bed. She touched her fingertips to her mouth and asked for “fooooood” so I offered her a banana. She sweetly sat on the sofa and ate all of it, then hopped down, looked at me and said “nigh nigh momma” so back to bed we went for about another hour before we had to start our day.
Last night she had her first nightmare it seemed. She woke up when I came to bed and was mumbling “da da, lotion, wash it, oils” and then proceeded to really wake up and scream like she was hurt and scared for several minutes and I couldn’t calm her until I got her settled enough to have “milky” (nursing) and she still work up several times that night and would only go back to sleep on mommy or daddy’s heads. It was a long night but I kept reminding myself that she was scared or hurting (with teething) and to cherish every little snuggly moment. Based on the words she mumbled when I first came to bed and the fact that there was a sticker with a drawing of an ant in her new coloring book we played with right before bed, we believe she was dreaming about bugs, specifically ants. She is scared of them and when she gets a bite (or anything hurts her at all) she asks for oils. I’ve got to admit I am proud that my almost-2-year-old knows that the essential oils help her. But that’s a post for another day. We will be oiling her up good before bed tonight plus using the diffuser with some Peace and Calming blend in the bedroom and I expect it to make a big difference in our quality of sleep. 

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38