01 02 03 Coffee Before Crayons: Goodbye Tile 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Goodbye Tile

34
Yesterday we hit a milestone. The tile is completely up from downstairs. Hubby is working on removing the thinset tonight and tomorrow but the worst part is done.  
Here's a shot of him in action:

I'm so thankful I didn't have to do anything with that machine. It was some serious labor to get all the tile up. I know the rest of the floor prep isn't going to be easy but the most dreaded part is over. 
Here is how it looks now:


That orange machine that looks like a floor buffer is the tool to remove the thinset from our slab. 

Obviously there is a lot of clean up needed before we can move on. I'm  pretty sure I'll be shoveling tile pieces tomorrow to help out. 
It was nice to have hubby with us today. He certainly needed some time to rest. We are all looking forward to being back home together soon!

Labels:

35 36 37 38