01 02 03 Coffee Before Crayons: The Blessing of Friendship 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The Blessing of Friendship

34
This past weekend was a special one. Our dear friends from Ohio came in town for work and spent Saturday evening at our home. They have five children now and it was such a joy to have them over! Amanda has easily been one of the most influential people in my life. I am blessed to call her one of my best friends. We hadn't seen each other in about 5 years and have talked on the phone very little in that time. But when we got together Saturday it was as if no time had passed. She is the person who opened my eyes to unmedicated childbirth and loaned me The Business of Being Born to further convince me. Which it did. Giving birth to AG is the most amazing and empowering thing I've ever done. I never would've considered doing it without an epidural if not for Amanda. I'll be forever grateful for that. She also taught me about cloth diapering, healthy eating, breastfeeding, and being a great friend. When I had a miscarriage with my first pregnancy she was the first person I wanted to talk to. Hubby called her for me and she talked me through what I was experiencing. It never ceases to amaze me how God uses some of the worst experiences in our lives to draw us closer to Him and show us who our true friends are. My heart was happy and blessed to have time with this wonderful family Saturday and again on Monday night. Seeing all of our kids splashing in the pool on our deck was a special moment for me. We've worked so hard to get the house to this point and for me to see hubby able to sit back and finally enjoy it was awesome. 
Sunday we laid low and hubby finished the deck railing. I grilled all the meat that accidentally thawed when lightening tripped the breaker that our deep freeze is on. I'm glad to report that we caught it quick enough that we were able to save everything. 

Hubby was hard at work finishing the railing while I grilled. 

Yes he is wearing socks and flip flops. What do you wear whole doing construction? We live in Florida, closed toe shoes are for winter. 
AG was so so excited to have her big pool on the deck along with her play house and slide. On Monday, one of our friends' kids said that our house was like Disney Land. That's probably the highest compliment you can get from a 5 year old. 

Tonight we rested and went for a family walk. It was really nice and we even saw a big snapping turtle in our creek.  AG walked with us rather than riding in Bob. She did great walking in her flip flops without the back strap. She's such a big girl now. Turns out the straps were holding her back. She calls them her "grown up shoes". 

Do you have a friend who has been influential in your life and encouraged you to do things you never thought possible? I would love to hear about it in the comments!

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38