01 02 03 Coffee Before Crayons: Sparkly Bracelet and Matching Necklace 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Sparkly Bracelet and Matching Necklace

34
The last week has been a whirlwind. AG's birthday party was Saturday and it took a LOT of prep work. I took Thursday and Friday off of work to get everything ready and still ended up with only about 3 hours of sleep Friday night. It was all worth it though because AG loved her party and I'd say it was a huge success. It was also the debut of our flood renovations for most of the family and our first deck party. We received tons of compliments on the house and deck. 
I'll be posting the DIY party ideas soon that we used along with the results. Some were great. Some not so much. Next year I'll either be going way less elaborate or taking more than 2 days to prep for it. OR we might just be doing it elsewhere. That could be a fun change some years.
I've been spending the last week away from the blog because my posts would've basically looked like this:
I got up and went to work. I was tired. I got my girl and came home. Managed to stay awake to cook supper, enjoyed quality time with AG and then fell asleep. 
But tonight I'm feeling more rested and because I know me, I'm typing this as I cook supper. I use the word "cook" loosely because I put a pork loin in the crock pot this morning. (If you haven't tried the Hormel Always Tender pork loins, you're missing out on a simple and delicious dinner. Seriously, go get one or lots. You won't regret it. I'm not being sponsored to say that either.) I've got lima beans steaming and some water coming to a boil for pasta. While we are being real, it's pasta in a box. I know. I know. It has xyz in it that is sooooo bad for us. But you know what? Hubby went to the grocery store and that's what he brought home and quite frankly, I am just so grateful to (a) not have had to go grocery shopping and (b) have an easy to fix supper element that there are zero complaints coming from this momma. There are a few really sexy things a husband can do: dishes, vacuuming, and grocery shopping. Am I right ladies? 
I'll be back soon with a more inspired post. I just didn't want anyone to think I was ditching y'all. I've got something in the works for my Friday Favorites. Be sure to check back and see what I'm featuring.
I'll leave you with a funny AG moment. This morning when I woke her up she said to me, "Momma, I like that neck-a-lace but it doesn't match your shirt. It doesn't have any black in it. You need to change it and put on one with black in it to match your shirt." My little threenager fashionista. Goodness. For the record, she also insisted that I needed a sparkly bracelet and I neither changed my necklace nor put on a bracelet. I'm a rebel like that. And I didn't have time. 

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38