01 02 03 Coffee Before Crayons: New Furniture, Painted Frames, and Power Washing - Oh My! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

New Furniture, Painted Frames, and Power Washing - Oh My!

34
Happy Monday friends! This was an exciting weekend in the CBC household. 

I left work early on Friday to meet the furniture delivery guys at our house because we FINALLY got a new sofa and love seat! Can I get a hallelujah?! 



We actually don't love this rug in here. It is going to find a new home in our bedroom and we'll be investing in a new one that works better with the space. We are looking at getting something closer to a 9x13. This one is 7.5x10.5.




The table you see used to be our coffee table. We've decided that for the stage of life we are in, we prefer to have the space in front of the seating open for playing, lounging, and impromptu dance parties. I'm considering painting the table and keeping it for the space shown. I'll definitely be adding a large basket on the shelf underneath. I'd love your suggestions for paint color for the table. Do you think white would look good? Let me know in the comments!


This is my favorite photo. I am in love with these trellis throw pillows. They are feather filled and the perfect balance of softness and support. The furniture and all pillows shown are from Ashley Furniture. We had a great experience with them and will be going back to buy an accent chair just as soon as we sell the Lazy Man Chair. Hubby likes the look of the pillows shown on the sofa and love seat as-is. I'm not super impressed. I have fabric to go with the agreed upon color scheme of navy, teal, gray, beige, and a pop of coral and I intend to use it to make new pillow covers. You know, in all my spare time. Bahahaha! But regardless, it's in the craft closet with my sewing machine and good intentions.



Because we've had a sectional since we moved back home post-flood, we haven't had a lamp in the living room. I posted this to Instagram and Facebook but I have to share here too. The amount of joy this lamp (which we plan to replace) brings us both is ridiculous. Pay no attention to that crap under the table, it'll live in a pretty basket soon enough.

There isn't much that I love more than relaxing on the love seat at the end of the day with a good book. I've been reading the Ashley Furniture catalog, seriously, and my current favorite - The Nesting Place: It Doesn't Have to Be Perfect to Be Beautiful by Myquillyn Smith, aka The Nester. You can check out her blog at www.thenester.com - it's one of my favorites. I feel like she is talking directly to me in her book and I'm only on the first chapter. I can tell it'll be one that I read over and over. 



After they finished unloading them I hopped in my car and raced back to the front of the neighborhood to catch the tail end of half price day at an estate sale. I spent an hour browsing the house and loved getting to chat with the family and learn new things about our neighborhood. I scored some great items including frames in various sizes, a cloche (I've always wanted one!!), a wine holder that'll be used for towels in AG's mermaid bathroom - currently in the planning phase, a pillow that I only wanted for the feather insert, a fluffy pink pillow/chair thing for AG, and a pretty bracelet. When I got back home I still had an hour or so before I needed to pick up AG so I decided to get right to work on the new frames for the gallery wall that's going in our living room. You know what takes longer than actually sanding and staining or painting frames? Finding where hubby hides stores the sand paper. I did eventually find some but all we had was 120 grit and I needed something closer to 80 to get the smaller frames to a point where I can stain them like I have in my head. 




I did manage to get the largest frame and the cloche painted and I love how they turned out. 



I used Valspar paint tinted to Sherwin Williams Alabaster color. This is the paint we used for our ceiling and we will be using for our trim and interior doors. I can't even tell you how much I long for the day when I can say we "used" that paint for our trim and interior doors. But that's a story for another blog post. Likely one about how much I hate caulking and how awesome I am at procrastinating or perhaps even about how much it costs to hire someone to caulk and paint 2,200 square feet of trim and multiple interior doors, some being pocket doors. 



I do love painting and my Purdy brushes are the best there is so I grabbed one of them and the sample size paint I'd picked up from Lowes about 2 years ago, shook the paint like a wild woman and did a little happy dance when I opened it to reveal perfect, like new paint inside. 



The only down side to a 2 year old sample of paint is that there was a thick layer around the top where the lid needs to sit in order to close properly. Peeling that off was not an entirely clean process and in hindsight I should've worn gloves. Oh hindsight, you are funny. 





I cleaned my brush and hung it up to dry - always hang them! Then it was off to pick up AG from school to start our weekend. 
This was a special weekend because Saturday we got to have her local cousins over for a slumber party. AG was giddy with all the excitement of having a her first sleep over. She loves her big cousins so much and they are so great with her. 
The kids performed their own rendition of the Wizard of Oz for us and it was nothing short of spectacular. We let them have ice cream and all stay up way too late. We got them all settled in AG's room by 10pm and the cousins were planning to sneak out and come back down to watch Star Wars with us after AG went to sleep. Y'all. Watching on the monitor as 2 kids try to sneak out on a very suspicious toddler/little kid is hilarious. 
Hubby and I were rolling. Eventually AG fell asleep and they made it down stairs, it was almost 11pm by this point. We made it about 45 minutes into the movie before they were both stuffed with popcorn and passed out. In all honesty, I was dozing on and off too and just kept thinking of how the movie seems so loud until there's dialog and then you can barely hear what they are saying and I just wanted to go to bed but my room is on the other side of the TV so I figured it was a lost cause. I've never been so happy to see the kids fall asleep. 

Sunday we had a fun morning of muffins and playing outside because it was finally sunny again. We didn't want the cousins to go home and can't wait for the next sleep over. 


Next Saturday is AG's 4th birthday party and we are having a pool party at my in-laws house because that's what she wanted and they are awesome and said yes. Hubby crossed one party prep item off the list this weekend by power washing their outdoor space around the pool. It made a huge difference. I hadn't even noticed that it needed it until he sent me the before and after photos. Never underestimate the power of a pressure washer.



It's so shiny and as new looking as a 35+ year old pool deck can be. What this really looks like is my happy place where I love to kick back and watch the kids swim. Perfect for a mermaid unicorn party! 


I'm off of work all next week to celebrate AG's 4th birthday, her first ballet/tap class, and her first day of K4. No promises if I'll find time to blog in the midst of all the crazy happening but I will be taking plenty of photos through my sobbing eyes to share everything with you. We've got quite the party planned and it should be loads of fun! 

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38